Heidi brings a terrific combination of marketing insight and a passion for small businesses.
I help local businesses by raising awareness about the importance of the shop local movement in our communities.
I help the small business owner cut through the clutter of overwhelming marketing methods to make the right choices to save money, time and frustration.
Throughout my career, I’ve worked my way from retail to mail room, marketing to operations, and from C-level executive to sales. I’ve learned most of what I know about business from running a small niche consulting company for 12 years and through my experience working for a global corporation. I earned an executive MBA at UCLA, but everything else I’ve picked up from being in business for myself.
Over the past five years, I’ve developed an online certification program for wine and spirits education, written and published eight books (three of which were written to encourage local tourism and commerce in wine country), and launched my own independent publishing company. As an entrepreneur, I’ve seen the challenges that companies both large and small face which has fueled my desire to protect local businesses and help them thrive. I work with independent businesses and service providers, solopreneurs and startups, community and business organizations.
Sampling of Speaking Topics
- SHINY OBJECT SYNDROME IS NOT A MARKETING PLAN
Stop costly distractions, start a profitable marketing strategy
- HOW TO BECOME A RECOGNIZED AUTHORITY IN YOUR FIELD
Positioning, Publishing, Presence (online and beyond)
- TOP 5 SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING CHALLENGES & HOW TO CONQUER THEM
Simple strategies to generate awareness and revenue online
- CUSTOMER ATTRACTION, RETENTION & THE ART OF REFERRALS
How to create a fool-proof client attraction funnel system for your business
- THE POWER OF GREAT CONTENT
How to use content marketing to build relationships and convert prospects into customers
- TOYFEST WEST 2017
Using the Shop Local movement to boost sales for your toy business
- Chambers of Commerce: Redondo Beach, Torrance
- Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Redondo Union High School Business Leader for a Day
- Rotary Clubs of Hermosa Beach & Redondo Beaach
- South Bay Business Mavericks
- South Bay Business Womens Association
- ShopLocal.us Business Building Workshops
- Western Toy and Hobby Representatives Association
|Download Speaker Sheet||Contact Heidi|